The Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Leisure Operations is designed for those individuals who are either already employed in the sector and wish to gain new knowledge and skills or who are looking to enter the sector and further develop their knowledge and skills to progress their careers. The framework is also suitable for those wishing to change career after having worked in a different sector.
This framework is aimed at those individuals who wish to work in operational roles in leisure and recreation facilities ranging from leisure and recreation centres to caravan and holiday parks. Specific job roles could include;
Responsibility for the cleaning, preparation and general safety of areas in a sport and recreation facility. Assisting customers.’
Focus Awards Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Active Leisure, Learning and Well-Being Operational Services (RQF)
The Focus Awards Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Active Leisure, Learning and Well-Being Operational Services (RQF) is aimed at those learners working in a sport activity environment who work with other staff and customers and for staff who use and maintain equipment and facilities, including caravan parks. This qualification will provide learners with the necessary skills, knowledge and competence across areas such as health and safety, supporting teams, providing good customer service and using/ maintaining activity equipment.
Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations (RQF)
The Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations (RQF) aims to provide learners with the necessary knowledge and skills in order to competently perform their chosen role within an active leisure facility. The qualification focuses on understanding employment rights and responsibilities, dealing with customers, equality and diversity, health and safety, the importance of team work and the self-development within learners job roles.
This qualification is specifically aimed at:
- Learners aged 16+ who would like to pursue a career in the active leisure industry as a lifeguard, recreation assistant or leisure attendant.
- Current lifeguards, recreation assistants or leisure attendants that would like a nationally recognised qualification to formalise their experience and skills within their current role.
- Active leisure facilities (health club, leisure centre, hotel etc…) that require their existing staff to hold a nationally recognised qualification to improve their service delivery, performance of staff and the customer service within their establishment.
Please note that the Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations (RQF) does not prepare or qualify the learner to work as a Lifeguard.
This responsibility is covered by a separate qualification including
- Level 2 Award in Pool Lifeguarding
- First Aid is included in this Certificate but is also available as a separate qualification:
- Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid Skills
Not part of frame work