Working with the bereaved is an important aspect of counselling. The intense grief, sense of loss, and depression that follows bereavement can be difficult for even the most balanced and optimistic individual to deal with. For some it’s almost unbearable, and demands the personal attention of a trained counsellor to find the way through the desperation felt by the sufferer.
This manual gives an insight into the techniques and methods used to identify and help alleviate the symptoms and causes.
- Introduction to Grief and Bereavement
- Signs of Grief and Bereavement
- Grief and Bereavement in Daily Life
- Stages of Grief and Bereavement
- Family Grief
- Psychotherapy Models of Grief and Bereavement
- Grief and Bereavement Counselling Strategies