Focus Awards Level 2 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care (RQF)
(QRN – 601/6086/X)
The Focus Awards Level 2 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care (RQF) is aimed at those learners who currently work as health and social care workers within hospices, care homes, care in the community and primary care. This qualification provides the opportunity to advance their knowledge and understanding and can be used as part of their CPD.
The Focus Awards Level 2 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care (RQF) will provide learners with a basic understanding of how to approach end of life situations sensitively, respectfully, effectively and with a focus on quality. Learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of:
- Perspectives on death and dying;
- Principles and policies of end of life care;
- Communication in end of life care; and
- Support services for end of life care
To successfully achieve this qualification, learners must achieve the one mandatory unit. A total of 3 credits must be achieved.
Learner Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification. There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication at level 2
Learners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualification:
- Level 2 Award in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Issues
- Level 2 Award in Awareness of Dementia
- Level 2 or 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
- Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 3 Award in Employment and Personal Learning Skills in Health
- Level 3 Certificate in Healthcare Support Services
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Working in the End of Life Care
- Focus Awards Level 3 Certificates in Working in the Health Sector
Entry is at the discretion of the centre; however learners should be 16 to undertake the qualification.
This qualification is available in England and Northern Ireland.
To view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Credit||Level||GLH|
|Understand how to work in end of life care||A/503/8085||3||2||28|