Focus Awards Level 2 Award in the Principles of Coaching Sport (RQF)
(QRN – 601/5482/2)
The Focus Awards Level 2 Award in the Principles of Coaching Sport (RQF) aims to provide learners with the necessary knowledge and skills in order to competently perform their chosen roles within a leisure facility.
The qualification covers essential coaching knowledge that can be used across any sport and provides learners with the fundamental skills and principles required to safely deliver sports coaching sessions
This qualification is aimed at:
- Learners aged 14+ who would like to pursue a career in the active leisure industry as a sports coach.
- Sports development officers
- Active leisure facilities (health club, leisure centre, hotel etc…) that require their existing staff to hold a nationally recognised qualification to improve their service delivery, performance of staff and the customer service within their establishment.
Learners must complete 9 credits in total from 4 mandatory units.
Learner Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification.
Learners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- Level 2 and Level 3 Qualifications in Sports Coaching
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Level 2 NVQ in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
- Level 3 Certificate for the Outdoor Industry
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Active Leisure, Learning and Well-being Operational Services
Entry is at the discretion of the centre; learners aged between14 –18 may need to be supervised during and on completion of this qualification
This qualification is available in England and Northern Ireland.
To view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||Credit||GLH|
|Understanding the fundamentals of coaching sport||J/601/2101||2||3||22|
|Understanding how to develop participants through coaching sport||Y/601/2104||2||2||12|
|Supporting participants’ Lifestyle through coaching sport||H/601/2106||2||2||16|
|Understanding the principles of safe and equitable coaching practice||M/601/2108||2||2||13|