Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) (RQF)
(QRN – 601/4739/8)
The Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) (RQF) is aimed at those learners looking to gain entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) as a Level 2 Fitness Instructor.
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the skills and knowledge to a professionally competent level enabling them to plan, deliver, and evaluate safe and effective fitness instruction sessions, unsupervised via the context of gym-based exercise.
In order to achieve the Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) learners must complete the following 6 units.
Learner Entry Requirements
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading, and writing) involved so learners should have basic skills in communication at Level 2.
Learners wishing to progress from this qualification could undertake the following qualifications:
- Level 2 NVQ in Sport, Recreation and Allied Occupations
- Level 2 NVQ in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 National Award/Certificate/Diploma in Sport
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness – Instructing Exercise and Fitness
Learners should be a minimum of 16 years old to undertake this qualification.
This qualification is available in England and Northern Ireland.
To view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||GLH||Credit|
|Unit 1 – Principles of exercise, fitness and health||A/600/9017||2||28||4|
|Unit 2 – Anatomy and physiology for exercise||H/600/9013||2||41||6|
|Unit 3 – Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity||M/600/9015||2||13||2|
|Unit 4 – Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment||T/600/9016||2||16||2|
|Unit 5 – Planning gym-based exercise||F/600/9018||2||23||4|
|Unit 6 – Instructing gym-based exercise||A/600/9020||2||37||6|