Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate In Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) (RQF)
(QRN – 601/4739/8)
The Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) (RQF) is aimed at those learners looking to gain entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) as a Level 2 Fitness Instructor
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the skills and knowledge to a professionally competent level enabling them to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective fitness instruction sessions unsupervised via the context of gym-based exercise.
In order to achieve the Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) learners must complete the following 6 units.
Learner Entry Requirements
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication at level 2
Learners wishing to progress from this qualification could undertake the following qualifications:
- Level 2 NVQ in sport, Recreation and Allied Occupations
- Level 2 NVQ in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 National Award/Certificate/Diploma in Sport
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness – Instructing Exercise and Fitness
Learners should be 16 to undertake this qualification.
This qualification is available in England and Northern Ireland.
To view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||GLH||Credit|
|Unit 1 – Principles of exercise, fitness and health||A/600/9017||2||28||4|
|Unit 2 – Anatomy and physiology for exercise||H/600/9013||2||41||6|
|Unit 3 – Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity||M/600/9015||2||13||2|
|Unit 4 – Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment||T/600/9016||2||16||2|
|Unit 5 – Planning gym-based exercise||F/600/9018||2||23||4|
|Unit 6 – Instructing gym-based exercise||A/600/9020||2||37||6|