Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (RQF)
(QRN – 601/5883/9)
The Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (RQF) is aimed at those learners who work or want to work in the Exercise and Fitness sector.
The Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (RQF) offers learners the opportunity to achieve a qualification in fitness instructing via 4 pathways: Gym-based Exercise, Exercise to Music, Water-based Exercise and Exercise and Physical Activity for Children. Each pathway enables learners to develop their knowledge and understanding required when planning and instructing clients or groups of participants in physical activity.
Learners must achieve all 5 mandatory units (22 credits) and 2 optional units (minimum 15 credits) within a chosen pathway to achieve a total of 37 credits.
Learner Entry Requirements
- The qualification is open to anyone who is capable of reaching the required standards.
- The qualification requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and application of number involved, and learners should have basic skills in communication and application of number at levels 3 and 2 respectively
Learners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
- Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness
Learners should be 16 (minimum) to undertake this qualification.
This qualification is available in England and Northern Ireland.
You can download the Purpose Statement here
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||GLH||Credit|
|Anatomy and physiology for exercise||H/600/9013||2||41||6|
|Health safety and welfare in a fitness environment||T/600/9016||2||16||2|
|Principles of exercise, fitness and health||A/600/9017||2||28||4|
|Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity||M/600/9015||2||13||2|
|Optional Units – 1 of the following pathways must be achieved|
|Planning gymbased exercise||F/600/9018||2||23||4|
|Instructing gymbased exercise||A/600/9020||2||43||6|
|Exercise to Music|
|Planning exercise to music sessions||F/600/9021||2||24||4|
|Instructing group exercise to music||J/600/9022||2||37||6|
|Planning waterbased exercise||L/600/9023||2||26||5|
|Instructing waterbased exercise||R/600/9024||2||38||6|
|Exercise and Physical Activity for Children|
|Planning health related exercise and physical activity for children||A/600/9048||2||23||3|
|Instructing health related exercise
and physical activity to children
Focus Awards have the following resources available for this qualification.
You can purchase the workbooks and manuals as a bundle for £30.00 saving you £10.00 per learner.