Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Planning and Delivering Gym Based Exercise (RQF)
(QRN – 603/5231/0)
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the skills and knowledge to a professionally competent level enabling them to plan deliver and evaluate safe and effective fitness instruction sessions unsupervised via the context of gym-based exercise.
- To develop learner’s knowledge of anatomy and physiology and how it relates to exercise and fitness
- To develop learner’s ability to plan and deliver safe and effective gym sessions
- To provide learners with the knowledge to develop good customer service and the personal qualities required by the exercise and fitness industry
- To provide learners with an awareness of health and safety in an exercise and fitness environment
- To provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further qualifications in the exercise and fitness industry
Learners must complete all 6 mandatory units to achieve a total credit of 24.
Leaner Entry Requirements
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication
Learners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells
- Level 2 Award in Instructing Circuit sessions
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport
Entry is at the discretion of the centre; however learners should be 16 to undertake this qualification.
Please note that 16 to 18 year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved the qualification.
This qualification is available in England.
To view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||GLH||Credit|
|Principles of health and wellbeing for exercise, fitness and health||Y/617/8588||2||28||4|
|Anatomy physiology and kinesiology for exercise and health||D/617/8589||2||41||6|
|Know how to support clients lifestyle management and enhance client motivation for exercise and physical activity||R/617/8590||2||13||2|
|Principles of professional practice and health and safety in a fitness environment||Y/617/8591||2||16||2|
|Planning professional practice with effective consultations and assessments for gym-based exercise sessions||D/617/8592||2||23||4|
|Instructing professional practice and effective exercise supervision in gym-based exercise sessions||H/617/8593||2||37||6|