Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate In Leisure Operations (RQF)
(QRN – 601/5374/X)
The Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations (RQF) aims to provide learners with the necessary knowledge and skills in order to competently perform their chosen role within an active leisure facility. The qualification focuses on understanding employment rights and responsibilities, dealing with customers, equality and diversity, health and safety, the importance of team work and the self-development within learners job roles.
This qualification is specifically aimed at:
- Learners aged 16+ who would like to pursue a career in the active leisure industry as a lifeguard, recreation assistant or leisure attendant.
- Current lifeguards, recreation assistants or leisure attendants that would like a nationally recognised qualification to formalise their experience and skills within their current role.
- Active leisure facilities (health club, leisure centre, hotel etc…) that require their existing staff to hold a nationally recognised qualification to improve their service delivery, performance of staff and the customer service within their establishment.
Please note that the Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations (RQF) does not prepare or qualify the learner to work as a Lifeguard.
This responsibility is covered by a separate qualification including
- Level 2 Award in Pool Lifeguarding
- First Aid is included in this Certificate but is also available as a separate qualification:
- Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid Skills
To successfully achieve this qualification, learners must complete all 6 of the following mandatory units totalling 13 credits, and 5 credits from the remaining 6 optional units.
Learner Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification but there is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication at level 2.
On achieving this qualification learners could look to progress onto the following qualifications;
- Intermediate and Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Leisure Operations and Leisure Management
- Level 2 Certificate In Leisure, Learning and Well-being Operational Services
Entry is at the discretion of the centre; however learners should be 16 to undertake this qualification. Learners aged between16 – 18 may need to be supervised during and on completion of this qualification.
This qualification is available in England and Northern Ireland.
To view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||Credit||GLH|
|Understanding the Active Leisure and Learning Sector||Y/600/1734||2||2||15|
|Understanding Employment Rights and Responsibilities||J/600/0840||2||2||15|
|Customer care and diversity in active leisure||T/503/0731||2||2||11|
|Health, safety, security and welfare in active leisure||K/503/0743||2||4||30|
|Developing self in an active leisure job role||Y/503/0737||2||1||5|
|Teamwork in active leisure||L/503/0735||2||2||11|
|Handling and maintaining equipment in active leisure||H/503/0739||2||3||14|
|Cleaning in active leisure||D/503/0738||2||1||7|
|Swimming pool water testing||Y/503/0740||2||1||4|
|Understanding how to sell services and products to customers in active leisure||L/503/0783||3||4||20|
|Know how to provide an active leisure facility reception service||L/504/6563||2||2||18|