Focus Awards Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership (RQF)
(QRN – 601/4886/X)
The Focus Awards Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership (RQF) is aimed at those learners working in environments such as holiday centres, youth clubs, leisure centres and other activity establishments. The qualification will provide learners with the necessary skills, knowledge and competence across areas such as health and safety, supporting teams, environmental sustainability, providing good customer service and maintain activity equipment.
In order to achieve this qualification, learners must complete the following 6 mandatory units and chose 2 units from the list of optional units.
Learner Entry Requirements
- The qualification requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and application of number involved, and learners should have basic skills in communication and application of number at levels 3 and 2 respectively.
Learners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- Level 2 + 3 Award in the Principles of Coaching Sport
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Leisure Management
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Sports Development
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership
Entry is at the discretion of the centre; however learners should be 16 to undertake the qualification.
This qualification is available in England and Northern Ireland.
To view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||GLH||Credit|
|Prepare activity sessions||F/601/5532||2||30||4|
|Lead activity sessions||J/601/5533
|Conclude and review activity session||L/601/5534||2||30||4|
|Support the work of the team and organisation||Y/601/4483||2||15||2|
|Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation||D/601/4484
|Support equality and diversity in active leisure and recreation||H/601/4485||3||15||2|
|Contribute to participants’ personal and social development||K/601/5542||2||37||5|
|Contribute to participants’ exploration and understanding of the natural environment||M/601/5543||2||30||4|
|Administer finance and information||R/601/5535||2||22||3|
|Contribute to joint working with other organisations||Y/601/5536||2||30||4|
|Support the development of the sport or activity||H/601/5538||2||15||2|
|Look after participants when they are away from home||K/601/559||3||45||6|
|Enable disabled people to take part in activities||D/601/5540||3||67||9|
|Contribute to adventurous activities||H/601/5541
|Contribute to environmental conservation in active leisure recreation||L/601/4495||3||45||6|
|Set up, take down and store activity equipment||K/601/4486||2||22||3|
|Check and service activity equipment||M/601/4487||2||22||3|
|Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation||L/601/0933||2||33||5|