Focus Awards Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (RQF)
(QRN – 601/6103/6)
This Focus Awards Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (RQF) is a knowledge based qualification suitable for support staff roles in schools that directly support the teaching and learning of pupils.
The Qualification seeks to develop the knowledge and understanding for working in a school setting and covers areas such as safeguarding, communication, child development and understanding the school context. As it is a knowledge based qualification, it can be taken by learners not yet employed in a school, or those in school who are seeking a higher level role.
Learners must achieve all 4 mandatory units to achieve a total credit of 12.
Learner Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification. Focus Awards does not set any other entry requirements but training providers or colleges may have their own guidelines.
- Learners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 3 Certificate in Cover Supervision of Pupils in Schools
- Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Intermediate/Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
This qualification is accredited for learners aged 16+.
This qualification is available in England and Northern Ireland.
To view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||GLH||Credit|
with children, young people
|Schools as Organisations||A/601/3326||3||15||3|
|Understand Child and
Young Person Development
|Understand how to
safeguard the wellbeing of
children and young people