Focus Awards Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (RQF)
(QRN – 601/4709/X)
The Focus Awards Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (RQF) is aimed at learners who are looking to become a personal trainer and who have achieved a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction.
The Focus Awards Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (RQF) aims to provide the learner with the knowledge and skills required for an individual to work unsupervised as a personal trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice, and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
This qualification is recognised as an approved qualification for entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 3.
Learners must achieve all seven of the following mandatory units to achieve a total credit of 36.
Learner Entry Requirements
- Prior to enrolling on the Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training, learners must have the necessary underpinning knowledge at Level 2. Therefore, learners must have already achieved a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing in Gym, or equivalent.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading, and writing) and application of number involved, so learners should have basic skills in communication and numeracy at Levels 3 and 2 respectively.
Learners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Certificate in Fitness Management
- Any other Level 3 qualification in the Health and Fitness Industry
- Level 3 NVQ in Instructing Physical Exercise and Nutrition
- Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Sport and Recreation Management
- Level 4 HNC Diploma in Sport (RQF)
- Level 4 Certificate In Exercise And Nutritional Interventions For Obesity And Diabetes
- Level 4 Certificate In Exercise For The Management Of Low Back Pain
- Level 5 HND Diploma in Sport and Exercise Sciences (RQF)
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness (Personal Training)
Entry is at the discretion of the centre; however, learners should be a minimum of 16 years old to undertake the qualification.
This qualification is available in England and Northern Ireland.
To view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||GLH||Credit|
|Unit 1 – Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health||A/600/9051||3||43||6|
|Unit 2 – Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity||L/600/9054||3||40||6|
|Unit 3 – Programming Personal Training with Clients||F/600/9052||3||47||7|
|Unit 4 – Delivering Personal Training sessions||J/600/9053||3||58||9|
|Principles of exercise, fitness and health||A/600/9017||2||28||4|
|Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity||M/600/9015||2||13||2|
|Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment||T/600/9016||2||16||2|