Focus Awards Level 3 Certificate in Planning and Delivering Personal Training (RQF)
(QRN – 601/6332/X)
The Focus Awards Level 3 Certificate in Planning and Delivering Personal Training (RQF) aims to provide the learner with the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a personal trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
- To provide learners with the knowledge of anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness
- To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to successfully gather and analyse client information using the most accepted techniques
- To provide leaners with the knowledge and skills to assess a client’s current health and fitness status
- To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan and conduct a physical activity session, within a variety of environments using multiple resources
- To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to perform a client consultation using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change
- To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to communicate effectively to build successful relationships with their clients and other health care professionals
- To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to manage, evaluate and improve own performance
- To provide learners with the knowledge to be able to offer nutritional advice for physical activity based on clients’ needs
Learners must complete all of the mandatory units to achieve a total credit of 36.
Leaner Entry Requirements
Prior to enrolling on the Level 3 Certificate in Planning and Delivering Personal Training, learners must have the necessary underpinning knowledge at level 2. Therefore, learners must have already achieved a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing in Gym, or equivalent.
The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and application of number involved, and learners should have basic skills in communication and application of number at levels 3 and 2 respectively
Learners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Certificate in Fitness Management
- Any other Level 3 qualification in the Health and Fitness Industry
- Level 3 NVQ in Instructing Physical Exercise and Nutrition
- Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Sport and Recreation Management
- Level 4 HNC Diploma in Sport (RQF)
- Level 4 Certificate In Exercise And Nutritional Interventions For Obesity And Diabetes
- Level 4 Certificate In Exercise For The Management Of Low Back Pain
- Level 5 HND Diploma in Sport and Exercise Sciences (RQF)
Entry is at the discretion of the centre; however learners should be 16 to undertake this qualification
This qualification is available in England.
To view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||GLH||Credit|
|Anatomy physiology and kinesiology for exercise and health||K/617/8594||3||43||6|
|Applying nutritional principles to personal training||M/617/8595||3||40||6|
|Planning exercise Programme design for Personal Training Clients||T/617/8596||3||47||7|
|Delivering exercise programmes for Personal Training sessions||A/617/8597||3||58||9|
|Business acumen and the use of information technology for a personal trainer||F/617/8598||3||35||5|
|Principles of health and wellbeing for exercise, fitness and health||Y/617/8588||2||28||4|
|Know how to support clients lifestyle management and enhance client motivation for exercise and physical activity||R/617/8590||2||13||2|
|Principles of professional practice and health and safety in a fitness environment||Y/617/8591||2||16||2|