Focus Awards Level 3 Diploma In Fitness Instructing and Personal Training (RQF)
(QRN – 601/5840/2)
The aim of the Focus Awards Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training (RQF) is to provide learners with the skills and knowledge to enable them to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective fitness instruction and personal training sessions.
- Understand the key principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme
- Understand anatomy and physiology of the human body
- Develop effective working relationships with clients
- Maintain health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Design, manage and adapt personal training programmes
- Understand nutrition in relation to physical activity programmes
To achieve the Focus Awards Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training (RQF), learners must achieve 52 credits from all 10 mandatory units
Learner Entry Requirements
There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication at level 2
Learners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 National Award/Certificate/Diploma in Sport
- Level 3 NVQ in Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
Entry is at the discretion of the centre however, learners should be 16 to undertake this qualification.
Please note that 16 to 18 year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved the qualification
This qualification is available in England and Northern Ireland.
To view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||GLH||Credit|
|Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health||A/600/9051||3||43||6|
|Applying the principles of
nutrition to a physical activity programme
|Programming Personal Training with Clients||F/600/9052||3||47||7|
|Delivering Personal Training sessions||J/600/9053||3||58||9|
|Principles of exercise, fitness and health||A/600/9017||2||28||4|
|Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity||M/600/9015||2||13||2|
|Anatomy and physiology for exercise||H/600/9013||2||41||6|
|Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment||T/600/9016||2||16||2|
|Planning gym based exercise||F/600/9018||2||23||4|
|Instructing Gym based Exercise||A/600/9020||2||37||6|