Focus Awards Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training (RQF)
(QRN – 601/4888/3)
The Focus Awards Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training (RQF) is a competency based qualification for personal trainers. The qualification is aimed at exercise instructors who are capable of planning, delivering and evaluating physical activity programmes independently and without direct supervision.
The Focus Awards Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training (RQF) is at level 3 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. It also provides access onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at level 3.
In order to achieve this qualification, learners must complete the following 9 mandatory units. If the learner wishes to then they can also complete the additional optional unit.
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
- Reflect on and develop own practice in providing exercise and physical activity
- Design, manage and adapt a personal training programme with clients
- Motivate clients to maintain long term adherence to exercise and physical activity
- Deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a personal training programme
- Evaluate exercise and physical activity programmes
- Apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
Learner Entry Requirements
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended
- The qualification requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication at level 2
Learners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications or any qualification at level 3 within the sector:
- Level 4 NVQ in Sport and Active Leisure
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Leisure Management
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness
Entry is at the discretion of the centre; however learners should be 16 to undertake this qualification.
Please note that 16 to 18 year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved the qualification.
This qualification is available in England and Northern Ireland.
To view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||GLH||Credit|
|Principles of exercise, fitness and health||A/600/9017||2||28||4|
|Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health||A/600/9051||3||43||6|
|Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation||D/601/4484||2||30||4|
|Reflect on and develop own practice in providing exercise and physical activity||F/601/7362||2||23||4|
|Design, manage and adapt a personal training programme with clients||H/601/7760||3||30||6|
|Motivate clients to maintain long term adherence to exercise and physical activity||K/601/7758||3||15||4|
|Deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a personal training programme||K/601/7761||3||70||10|
|Evaluate exercise and physical activity programmes||M/601/7759||3||14||3|
|Apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme||M/601/7762||3||42||7|
|Plan, market and sell services||T/601/7763||3||26||5|