Focus Awards Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Sports Development (RQF)
(QRN – 601/5373/8)
The Focus Awards Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Sports Development (RQF) aims to recognise competence within the workplace for learners in a sports development role within the active leisure sector.
This qualification is aimed at:
- Learners aged 16+ who have the opportunity to pursue a career in the active leisure industry as a sports development officer.
- Activity leaders that would like a qualification to help them progress to the next level as a sports development officer (learners must be given sufficient responsibilities in order to generate the necessary evidence for their chosen units).
- Current sports development officers that would like a nationally recognised qualification to formalise their experience and skills within their current role.
- Active leisure facilities (leisure centre, local councils etc…) that require their existing sports development staff to hold a nationally recognised qualification to improve their overall management of staff, improve links in the community and general customer service across their establishment(s).
The learner must achieve all 40 credits from the 5 mandatory units, plus a minimum of 4 optional units, at least 1 unit of which must come from Option Group 1, at least 2 units of which must come from Option Group 2, and the remaining 1 unit can come from Option Group 1 or Option Group 2. Totalling 64 Credits
Learner Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification but there is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication at level 2.
Learners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- The Level 3 Diploma in Sports Development forms part of the competence qualification available in the Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Sports Development.
- Generic NVQ’s on Management at Levels 3 to 5
This qualification is available in England and Northern Ireland.
To view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||Credit||GLH|
|Manage own resources and professional development||M/502/8458||4||5||20|
|Contribute to strategic development in sport and active leisure||M/503/0534||3||7||23|
|Provide leadership in sport and active leisure||K/502/9690||5||9||60|
|Promote equality and diversity in sport and physical activity||T/503/0535||3||15||51|
|Ensure the health, safety, welfare and security of customers and staff||A/503/0651||3||4||23|
|Facilitate community-based sport and physical activity||F/503/0652||3||16||73|
|Support the development of sport and physical activity in education||J/503/0653||4||13||43|
|Lead and motivate volunteers||K/503/0645||3||10||59|
|Recruit, select and keep colleagues||H/602/1842||5||12||85|
|Involve, motivate and retain volunteers
|Develop productive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders||A/502/9287||3||4||22|
|Allocate and monitor the progress and quality of work in own area of responsibility||M/602/1844||4||14||95|
|Provide learning opportunities for colleagues||K/602/1843||4||11||85|
|Contribute to the prevention and management of abusive and aggressive behaviour||T/601/1168||3||4||20|
|Recognise indications of substance misuse and refer individuals to specialists||M/601/0648||3||4||24|
|Support the efficient use of resources||H/502/8756||4||5||19|
|Apply for external funding for sport and physical activity||R/503/0655||3||11||58|
|Manage information for action||K/502/8457||3||6||24|
|Contribute to evaluating, developing and promoting services||H/602/1839||4||11||85|
|Plan and organise services||D/502/9685||3||3||15|
|Manage a project||J/502/9678||4||6||26|
|Work with others to improve customer service||D/601/1553||3||8||53|