Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Understanding End of Life Care (RQF)
(QRN – 601/7378/6)
The Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Understanding End of Life Care (RQF) is aimed at those learners who are currently working or intend to work in the health care environment.
The purpose of the Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Understanding End of Life Care (RQF) is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding needed to be able to provide support and pain management during end of life care. The qualification will also provide the learner with the understanding of the role of a care worker in the time of death.
In order to achieve the Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Understanding End of Life Care (RQF) a learner must complete 5 mandatory units achieving a total of 13 credits.
Learner Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification.
Learners wishing to progress from this qualification can undertake the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Certificate in Dementia Awareness
- Level 3 Certificate Working in the Health Sector
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 2 or Level 3 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support
- Level 2 or Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Intermediate or Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Health & Social Care
- Intermediate or Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Health (Clinical Healthcare Support)
Entry is at the discretion of the centre; however learners should be 16 to undertake this qualification.
This qualification is available in England and Northern Ireland.
To view the Qualification Specification please click here.
|Unit Title||Unit Ref||Level||GLH||Credits|
|Understand how to work in end of life care||A/503/8085||2||28||3|
|Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort||T/504/5519||2||20||2|
|End of life care and dementia||K/505/1981||2||16||2|
|Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death||H/505/1980||2||24||3|
|Understand loss and grief in end of life care||M/505/1982||2||22||3|